“It is health that is the real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
Small changes can make a big impact in your life. Healthy habits can benefit your mental, physical, and emotional health. Education plays a major role in the development of public health and essentially changing the behaviors of residents in Marion County.
AMP increases awareness, fosters healthy behaviors, and encourages physical activity through health education messaging, app challenges, and community outreach.
Moving toward achieving measurable impacts on the health education of our community:
- Encourage physical activity by providing FREE Pop Up Fitness classes throughout Marion County, taught by personal trainer and group fitness instructor, Rebecca Tull
- Health education graphics & messaging via social and digital media, electronic kiosks, and print resources
- Group education sessions, such as Lunch & Learns, cooking demonstrations, and employee wellness opportunities
- Support in promoting movement activities such as walking groups or healthy living competitions and community events
Social & Digital Media
AMP has 10 electronic kiosk in the community. These kiosk are used to display health messaging as well as upcoming events and promotions for our community partners. We are happy to share your information. Please email a PNG or PEG to Brianna@mchdt.org
YouTube Channel featuring:
- AMP WOW breakdown with modifications
- Complete at home workout (do anywhere. no equipment needed)
- How to use the AMP app
- Promo videos for health education and workplace wellness.
AMPlify You (Digital Wellness Channel)
Subscribe the to the AMPlify You group and YouTube channel to see our latest and GREATEST videos. This channel is powered by a partnership with The Frank Deluce YMCA and will be used to share health messaging, education videos, and success stories. This channel was developed for health promotion through video format.
Health Education Graphics
Here are a few examples of our shareable media, but feel free to email us at email@example.com if you are looking for something different or more specific.
- It can be hard to motivate kids to put the remove down and get up to play, but the Family Fitness Popsicle Stick workout may be just the motivation your child needs. Here are some ideas to add to your popsicle sticks.
- Farmer markets are a great resource to find farm fresh fruits, vegetables, and other local goods. They also support local farmers and business owners, which is great for our community. Here is a list of current farmer markets in Marion County.
- Is laughing the best medicine? Here are some benefits of laughing.
October 2019 – Breast Cancer Awareness month, National Walk to School Day, Training Toole
November 2019– Diabetes month, Sugar alcohols, Family Health History Day, and Maintain Don’t Gain challenge
December 2019– Keeping the Jolly during the Holly, Ugly Sweaters, and Figs
January 2020– New Decade, New you- smart goals, quiting smoking, losing weight, and declutter challenge.
February 2020– DASH diet, the “Sitting disease”, relieve muscle cramps, and Go Red for Women.
Community outreach for Active Marion Project includes collaboration and partnership, health education campaign and multi-media engagement. A few examples of this are:
- Partner with community organizations to provide education on wellbeing
- Promote messages such as the benefits of healthy lifestyles and encouraging people to make healthy choices. This will include messages about quitting smoking, chronic disease prevention and management, the importance of good nutrition and being physically active
- Community presentations. Lunch-n-Learns, cooking demonstrations
- Create and implement AMP healthy challenges
The success of Active Marion Project is greatly dependent on strong collaborations and engaged partnerships. These partners are our #AMPLIFIERS! To amplify means to expand and make greater.
Map My Miles
Ever wonder how far you have walked or wish there was a map that would let you know how many steps you have taken? Then, here ya go! AMP has created maps for popular areas in Marion County that you may visit. Click on the maps below to view:
Pop Up Fitness
Often times there are barriers to being physically active, but AMP hopes to eliminate those barriers with Pop Up Fitness classes. Rebecca Tull, certified personal trainer, is here to provide FREE fitness classes for all. Bring one friend or all of your friends! All equipment provided! Free for all who attend. Always. Come play with us! Current class schedule
- All equipment provided
- No membership or joiner fee
- Free for all who attend. Always.
- There are multiple classes offered throughout Marion County and City of Ocala parks and workplaces
- Class styles range from full body aerobic workout to traditional exercise movements using body weight, incorporating strength training, cardiovascular endurance and core conditioning, and walking clubs
- modifications are made so that all ages and fitness levels can participate
The education series is free for workplaces and community partners and presented by professional experts. The goal is to inform people of the benefits of healthy behaviors, risks of obesity and development of chronic diseases and support healthy choices through education opportunities. A list of classes offered can be found here, but if there is anything specific that is not listed, please let us know.