Workplace Wellbeing initiatives strive to improve the organizational health of the employee and employers. AMP can assist by providing resources and support for workplaces, business owners and employees, to create a culture of wellness that is employee-centered.
Having healthier employees can positively impact job satisfaction, absenteeism and worker productivity.
Create a culture of wellness => leads to a healthier + happier workforce
- Provide resources for employees and employers
- Support in creating activity-based challenges
- Coordinate group based health education.
- Conduct and gather results of an employee interest survey
- Provide signage for Point of Decision Prompts
- Health-related Policies – formal/ informal written, promote employee health
- Sample calendar of events for physical activity and wellness promotion
- Incentive programs and competitions- coordinate employee challenges and competitions, using the AMP phone app; provide awards and organize recognition events
AMP Workplace Partners
Why AMP makes good business sense?
AMP works with employers to improve the organizational health and workplace culture, while engaging employees and enhancing the workplace environment.
Having healthier employees can lower direct costs such as insurance premiums and worker’s compensation
claims and can positively impact many indirect costs such as job satisfaction, absenteeism and worker productivity.
More information on AMP’s Workplace Wellbeing program can be found here.
The use of effective workplace programs and policies can reduce health risks and improve the quality of life for American workers.
Steps to implement AMP
There are 5 Easy Steps to implement AMP at your workplace, and AMP will help:
- assess organization and the employee needs and interest
- rally the troops and gain support
- set goals and implement programs to engage employees
- provide communication tools to market healthy behaviors
- track progress and evaluate the success of the program
Health Education Opportunities
Health messaging and awareness campaigns on the benefits of healthy lifestyles are an important component to a comprehensive workplace wellbeing program. Various print media, newsletter and email templates, and social media graphics can be provided to workplaces. Staff at AMP are qualified to provide educational seminars, workshops, or one time classes on weight management, disease management (diabetes), and the importance of good nutrition or physical activity.
Email us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can AMP help create a culture of wellness at my work?
Resources AMP can provide to an organization include:
- Health program: opportunities to begin change or maintain health behaviors and improve employees’ health knowledge and skills. This includes the Core4- tobacco cessation, nutrition and healthy lifestyles, physical activity and diabetes management.
- Health-related Policies – formal/ informal written statement that protect or promote employee health
- Environmental Supports – the physical factors at and nearby the workplace
We don't have a budget for workplace wellbeing
You are in luck! This is the case with many workplaces, especially small businesses. AMP can provide support with education, programming, and other resources. The only costs to you would be the staff person responsible for coordinating with us for planning and implementation of your workplace wellbeing program. AMP will take care of the rest, including many options for incentives.
We don't have the time to develop a workplace wellbeing plan
AMP can also help your workplace wellbeing coordinator with that. There is already high expectations of staff and it can be hard to juggle additional responsibilities, but we have found that a healthier workforce produces big changes in employees, not just in their wellness, but also productivity and loyalty to company.
AMP will work with the appointed wellbeing coordinator to evaluate, develop, and implement a program that is best for your business. Additionally, leadership support and commitment is critical to the success of the program.
Here is a step by step process that we can help implement in your organizations
Being healthy isn't important to my employees.
Starting a wellbeing journey can be scary and intimidating, especially if you don’t know where to start or feel unsupported. AMP will work with your business to create a program that is easy and fun for employees to be a part of and keeps them engaged.